Sunday 28 February 2010

Birthdays, half term antics, more blood tests & Gigi turning 70!!!...

...so, it's almost been yet another month since my last post...just when I think that life is getting better...something else comes along to push me down again...this time, blood tests - nothing terribly serious (I don't think so!), but I have been rather 'off colour' lately & I' just getting checked out I guess.....
Well, it's been a rather mad February - despite being at work almost every day of the week this last month (except half term of course). Valentines day was super & we managed to brace the elements & take to the seaside, namely Brancaster & Wells...
We had such a gorgeous day...it was freezing but the sun came out - I got some cracking photos & managed also to get a few birdy pics, although they were rather far away...

A Redshank


An Oyster-Catcher

A Sanderling
So, apart from all my recent twitching...I have been busy making Elmo cupcakes for an Elmo- obsessed-now-6 year old for his birthday...
...and an Elmo birthday card...

Although, absolutely delighted by his presents - mainly a puppet theatre with Elmo & Big Bird puppets & a Ziffer & a Stylophone (being the little aspiring musician he is), he was largely overwhelmed at it all & the rest of his birthday was spent crying after banging his head on the hardest floor in the house...this is Sam's latest rage ritual!! (not a pleasant sight).

Half term was lovely - we went out somewhere every day & mummy-bird here was slightly ambitious on one of the days...I decided to take the boys to London...on my own!!! We had a great day, although it had a rather soggy edge to it - the weather sucked!! But, after riding along on every possible type of train in London - Electric, diesel, underground, DLR (all for the love of the middle offspring & his train obsessions!) we wandered around Covent Garden, Leicester Square, walked up Regent Street to a heaving Hamleys...We had a fantastic day...
Jack & his new best friend...only the operator of a DLR train!!!

...we also went to the beautiful Church Farm at Stow Bardolph - I will upload more photos at some point...there are just toooo many & this Blogger isn't very helpful during the uploading process!!! Denver Mill was another highlight & then, at the end of the week, we helped to celebrate Gigi's (my dad) 70th birthday - he's not actually 70 until tomorrow (1st March) but they've jetted off to Prague this weekend - we are holding a birthday tea for him here tomorrow & my present to possibly the best daddy in the whole world, is tickets to go & see the Lion King in London (he's always wanted to see it- being the rather large child at heart that he is!)..he will be delighted but he will be more delighted when he realises that we are all joining him!! (well, I hope so anyway!)...I popped into London today - as you do- with the company of a very dear friend who shares enormous empathy with me in all different areas! - I am just flabbergasted that I came home empty handed...well, except for a GANT jumper for my dad, a cookie monster t-shirt for Sammy, a London bus for Jack & a studded belt for my almost teenage, eldest son...instead, we hung out, people watching, enjoying yet another fab meal in Maxwells, down in Covent Garden & then made our way back home...back to a very sniffly, croaky littlest one who looks like he may not be at school tomorrow......................

































No comments: