Friday 2 April 2010

World Autism Awareness day, London & celeb spotting in Harrods...

...WOW! What a super day I've had... the morning began by sharing out my Easter gifts...
We then headed down to London, rather on a whim... stopping off for some pizza in Covent Garden & a quick scoot around (no fit Roman soldier in sight though!)...back on the Underground, Piccadilly line to Knightsbridge & a wander around Harrods. So, I'm walking around the food hall, box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts in one arm, some yummy looking chocolate in the other, I see what I think are body guards, Mark taps me on the shoulder..."It's Mohammed Al Fayed", he whispers!!... no one else really seemed to notice him though. I felt butterflies in my tummy, I like him & he loved Diana (a personal hero of mine!).. Venturing into HMV (still in Harrods!), Jack & Sammy are going loopy over various dvd's & then this tiny petite, quite pretty woman is standing right next to me, she looks like one of the girls that used to be in a girl band...Eternal springs to mind...Adam creeps up behind me & whispers "Jamie Redknapp is over there mum!"...so he is! At this point, Jack is stood in front of him, where he has a great view of the lift (the lights are changing red & green & he's in a "zone"!!), he's flapping away, little regard for anyone else around him, gets way too excited &, oh my!< class="blsp-spelling-error" id="SPELLING_ERROR_9">Redknapp's toes! "I'm so sorry" I sheepishly say..to his reply "no worries" smiles, gives Jack a ruffle on his head (I think he then muttered, under his breath "can I have your phone number please" - could be mistaken though ;-) he is very handsome & surprisingly tall. So, from there, we head to Carnaby Street for a drink & a little shopping, stopping off to enjoy some sunshine by
Eros...

...deciding that there are far too many children with me today (as much as I dearly love them!) have decided to pop back to the city next week, alone, to do some proper shopping, I have weddings, concerts etc. to get outfits for!!!...any excuse!
Anyway, today is far more important for another reason, other than my celeb spotting! - it is World Autism Awareness day...I am so lucky to have my boys (all 3 of them) & I embrace everything to do with Autism, I texted my mum & dad - they are on their return leg of their visit to the U.S - just stopping by, as you do, in New York...Jealous much!!! I have asked them to see what the colour of lights are on the Empire State Building is - I have since checked on the web - but for special days, such as today, they are the top of the building is lit in a different sequence of colours - it is blue, blue & blue for World Autism Day - so hopefully mum & dad will get to see it!..Well, I guess I should get some rest - I'm single parent this weekend! & tomorrow is full of chores... not least chocolate crispy nest making! All ready for our Easter egg hunt on Sunday...looking forward to imitating a starfish for the next couple of nights in my spacious bed & reading my latest Philippa Gregory book!....

No comments: