Monday 6 June 2011

3 down...5 to go...

...that's the amount of fairs that I have to still get through...although it's incredibly hard work, I am loving them all! Last week saw the wonderful Fairy Fair in Holt, which was a great success...
...everyone there was very much in the Faerie type spirit...

...I was really lucky with the weather, although it was rather windy,m I was safely sheltered in some woodland, all very beautiful & I would quite happily do it again next year! I would like to say a massive thank you to Steve & Cathy for putting me up for the weekend and taking the boys out on quads, tractors etc (and for Steven for taking me in his truck to do a bit of twitching, to not much avail!)...
...I have been cramming work in as much as I can over last weeks half term, think my little boys thought that their mumma had been replaced!...but we did spend lots of time in the garden, them in the paddling pool and me...working...

...but it's all been worth it as this weekend, I had a stall at Strawberry Fair in Cambridge...the weather was fabulous, albeit a little on the windy side at times...but I did manage to get a bit of a tan...

...I had a brilliant day, although it got off to a nasty start when 2 people totally bamboozled me out of £20!, but I learnt from that point that no one else was going to rip me off!...I sold a complete mixture of things really, I had a basket with a lucky dip in for boys and girls...which proved particularly popular...even with the older folks!...and my stall looked lovely (if I do say so myself!)...
...the most popular pieces to go were...
vintage, up-cycled jewellery...


...my lace applique pieces...

...and some garden tea-party, vintage style inspired cuffs...
...I was on my feet for 15 hours without a single sit down and because of all the fab music, I was shakin' my lil' booty too..Sunday morning and today, my little thighs are aching like mad!...
I felt quite vulnerable there on my own, particularly with lots of drunken lads/men in and out of my gazebo, all proposing marriage and the like! ...bless 'em!...
...It truly was a great day and I completely soaked up the atmosphere...lots of very happy people (can't imagine why!!!)...
...when I got home, around 11.30pm, I was delighted to have received 6 emails all for orders of my organza chokers..lots of proms coming up and they're just a little bit different!...
...I also go invited to attend another 2 fairs, East Grinstead and Kent! but I'm away for those...
However, back on the fair circuit this weekend...Wisbech beckons!...so more work and lack of sleep!...
Back to work today, although I don't feel like I ever left!...
Not much else to report really...Simple Minds concert at the weekend with a friend of mine, hopefully the weather will change a little so that we can picnic and maybe drive out with the roof down!...
***wondering where those Rays have gone?...***

2 comments:

little brick house ceramics said...

Glad you had success, I knew the fairy fair would be good for you!

Claire said...

Thank you so much ♥