Tuesday 11 November 2008

Operation Christmas Child...




...the power of a simple gift brings hope & a smile to some of the world's poorest children, caught in the midst of wars, natural disasters, extreme poverty & helps them to make the realisation that they have not been forgotten.
This is my 4th year of supporting OCC, through the Samartian's Purse Charity & every year I have donated at least 2 boxes - I wander around Tesco hunting for small toys, pencils, even things that we ll take for granted like soap, toothpaste & a toothbrush but all these little things make a huge impact on a disadvantaged child's life because, it may be the first gift they have ever received in their life! Ok, so before I (for the 2nd time today) start to cry...it just leaves me to ask you to please take a few minutes to watch the video & if you can, help too xxx

http://www.operationchristmaschild.org.uk/?q=pages/watch-video

No comments: