Monday 27 April 2009

I'm a very tired Mummy-Bird....



....what with a busy weekend in London with my friend Kelly & then late, late BBQ here Saturday night, I felt compelled to be Mummy-Bird Extraordinaire yesterday!!....

Friday, Kelly & I left for London, got to our beautiful Hilton Tower Bridge Hotel, chucked the bags in & promptly ordered a bottle of wine, sat out in the sunshine watching the world go by; we then made our way to Covent Garden, where we watched the street entertainers, had a wander through the Apple Market & then made out way to Maxwells for dinner & cocktails....lovely! After that, we popped along to the Nags Head pub for some more drinks, both of us starting to feel, er, merry!! We headed on the tube to Tottenham Court Road & the Dominion Theatre for our evening performance of We Will Rock You (my 3rd time - still just as awesome!!) After that, we made our way back to our hotel & just chilled by the bar til late.... On Saturday, we just clawed around London, enjoying the sun, stopping only for a bite to eat & for me to purchase some long awaited Gladiator sandals!!!...& a few bits for the boys!!!....then back home - the weekend was lovely, just what I needed after recent happenings.

Yesterday, I wanted to spend some quality time with the boys, forgot about housework & participated in about 2 hours of Ker-Plunk (Jacks' latest obsession!), then we did some potato paint printing & then made some crispy cakes, before I then lit the BBQ again for tea!! (gotta make the most of this sunshine!!!)
So, today, a quiet day at home, a pop to the shops a little later perhaps....and a good housework catch up!!!

No comments: