Friday 29 January 2010

Lovely friends, lots of cooking & craftiness!.....




........I would like to take this opportunity to say WOW! I am so very lucky to have such wonderful friends, people that are always there for me no matter what, people that will listen to me, no matter what & people that believe in me no matter what...take last night for example, I had 2 of the most gorgeous ladies over for dinner...1 of them is a teacher at the Special school where 2 of my boys go & the other is a parent of a beautiful boy with Downs Syndrome (also was a fellow governor) & I invited them over for a good catch up - had spent time making a turkey con chilli (I thouroughly recommend it!) with tortillas, homemade guacamole & sour cream & then made a very nice Lime Key pie! (lush!!!)...I ran out of time to make red velvet cupcakes, so compensated by making them a bracelet each - by way of saying thank you for being...well, just so lovely! They came armed with wine & flowers & chocolates & we had the most lovely evening, sharing experiences with regard to 'special children', shared a few rather delicate secrets, but all of it was from the heart & last night made me feel good...for the first time in these last few weeks...
So, having taken the Wheaten for a rather long walk, called in to book a pamper appointment - I am cracking on with my orders - firstly a wedding stationery order...

...then I better make a start on the stock for my forthcoming stall...just before Valentines' at college...trying to prize money out of the students!!...don't have to worry about the staff - they're all pretty good customers!! So heart shaped everything for the next couple of weeks....makes me feel all glowy inside..........................

No comments: