Tuesday 22 June 2010

I'm just made up!...

...I am so lucky to have such lovely friends & have just been asked by one of those most close to me to be a god-mummy to her new baby...I am quite overwhelmed, she has so many friends and she picked me...I'm actually away on my holiday when the Christening is due to take place but will come home for such a special occasion! I am also thinking, as our remaining students' courses start to wind down to a close, I am able to spend more time with my colleagues and wonderful colleagues they are too!...actually, rephrase that...FRIENDS!...we're all pretty amazing girls (& the couple of lads that are in our team too!)...I am due to take some time off, towards the start of July, not quite sure how I will fill my time ......I have a few ideas though...
Speaking of lovely friends, I met a lady a couple of years ago whilst on a break to Disneyland in Paris, we kept in contact a little, & I have just been sent a friend request from her on good old Facebook...it's so lovely to keep in touch with her, she has an Autistic son & we can share so many experiences & really have an empathy!...I don't hit Facebook that much these days, can cause all manner of problems!, but still, it never ceases to amaze me the people that are within the same family, and post on each others walls, statuses etc...do they not talk to each other??!
Anyway, best get off of here & think about doing an online grocery shop, a mad week ahead, a couple more days of work, the races Friday & my gorgeous boys are going to look so smart & handsome..I'll be a very proud mummy-bird, another fair at the weekend, Sunday a date with special friends...although, I need a break from BBQ-ing...26 people to cater for this weekend took it's toll! & I've made a bit of a rod for my own back with my culinary delights! (sounds big headed I know!) My honey & mustard chicken goes down a storm!, that & the strawberries, grilled in Balsamic vinegar, severed in a glass with a dollop of Mascarpone cheese...oh, my mouth is watering...I have grilled Asparagus with pesto & pasta for tea...the Asparagus a gift from my lovely neighbours by way of a thank you for our hospitality...I'm the only one in the family that likes it!!!.yippee, more for me!..although, does turn my wee a funny colour!...til next time xxx...

No comments: