Monday 23 August 2010

Someone...give me a break!!...

...after a pretty tough week, the weekend was pretty tough too! Adam had a suspected water infection on Friday, which resulted in emergency doctors (Can't be too careful with him having just one kidney and all!)...he wasn't able to produce a sample so, thinking that among my talents is the profession of Doctor!...I was handed some Multi-strips for testing at home, Friday night looked ok & I took the decision to administer some strong anti-biotic that we have at home in case of such emergencies but on Saturday, one of the results showed signs of infection! Quick phone call to Camdoc & Adam is wanted in immediately!! Trouble was, as it's his birthday weekend, Mark had arranged a Cambridge Utd afternoon...meal with the manager, sponsors etc, meet the team, signed B'day card, match (obviously!), post match drinks etc.. Dressed so smartly, I had to break the news that he might not be able to go & explain the gravity of the health situation!..anyway, the wait in the surgery was a minimum of 3 hours & rather than sit there in silence (& him hating me for missing he's beloved U's afternoon!), we made arrangements to return after the match...and, thankfully, my quick thinking of the treatment dose of Anti-bi's proved successful & just a small amount of nasty stuff was evident in his sample & he was given the ok to go home!...Meanwhile, 2 other little boys were a bit tired of being carted around all over the place & I needed some fresh air - so we went for a run along Sutton Bank & it was windy to say the least!!...



...so, Adam was one happy chap getting to have his afternoon & better still, celebrate his birthday as he wanted!...a bbq & a sleep over... & how lucky we were with the weather once again! I even got to wear my VERY expensive new dress!! ;-) haha!...
..so, I'm exhausted after running around for 21!, having 5 boys that obviously don't know what sleep means! I was up at the crack of dawn blitzing the house, 3 loads of washing done, all bedding neatly put away, 5 breakfasts, (I did grab a coffee in there somewhere!) & Adam's mates think I'm a cool mum!-one of them even told Adam I was "fit"!..poor Adam is mortified! (always knew I was down with the kids!) sat drawing with the little ones, they're so funny! awaiting the arrival of the Mental Health team, coming over for more chats & observations...Sam was a star performer & managed to pull my hair, hit my face, smack my hands, scream for about 2 minutes right in my face and scratch my chest right in the front of them!...that's not a bad thing, they need to see how he behaves..we started talking about my childhood & health problems from my teen years, raked up a few ugly ghosts...there I sit, sobbing helplessly, it's a tough subject and that, mixed with everything else, I simply couldn't fight back tears :'-( so, I've now got to try & video Sam's behaviour, his seizures and in the meantime, they are going to look at ways of implementing some more support & that's great, however, I'm so very reluctant & maybe a bit too proud too...let's just wait and see what they come up with...

No comments: