Thursday 27 January 2011

I'm taking 5...

....after a 3 mile hike with the Wheaten this morning, I think I am entitled to a little break...I must stress that was also after I had blitzed the house, sorted the laundry, and popped to the local craft shop to get...
...yep!, another cross-stitch project...and I thought that this one was just lovely, besides, I have nearly completed ...
...don't you think I've made a good job?!...I actually went to buy some Organza and Tulle for a couple more projects that I'm about to embark on, the shop didn't have any, think I may have to resort to eBay (speaking of which, I have just won a few auctions on some very sweet antique/vintage/shabby chic plates!...absolute bargains! (honestly!)...I am going to up cycle them into personalised plates (a little like I did for my mum at Christmas...can't remember if I blogged a picture of them...) I did manage to get some lush fabric for them though...













...anyway, a friend of mine has kinda put a request in and I am going to surprise her...so, ssssh!...so, here I sit with a cup of peppermint and nettle tea (I think I am slowly getting addicted to it, I live in the belief that it is doing me good by cleansing my body...hmmm! not so sure!!...)...
...I had to wean myself of Raspberry tea when I was pregnant, although it's supposed to soften the Cervix, I was drinking waaaay too much!...
I haven't so much time to make much this week, still have a hunger to make masses, sell masses, I have mostly done repairs for colleagues jewellery...not bought from me I hasten to add!!...
I did make this cutie though...
I'm planning a trip to London (minus children...) in February, I am desperate to visit the Tower of London, even more since all the reading I have done over recent months...another little gift from my lovely friend Mary...
...I can't wait, I exchanged some Tesco clubcard vouchers for days out vouchers and the Tower accepts them!...I think we may even use them for dinner too!...we're on an economy drive!!!...isn't everybody?!...the only other expense that day, may possibly be a visit to my bead shop, just outside of Covent Garden...but I will be making money on that!!....I am going to be taking the boys to London on the 25th February though, my friend Jo has secured tickets through her work (BT) her and her kids, me and mine to go up to the top of the BT tower for tea & cakes!!!!!...Oh my goodness, I feel a sensory overload coming on!...that's just me! forget the kids!! ;-)
I haven't told the boys yet, we're only at the end of January...I can't possibly bear 4 weeks of "when are we going, what underground do we need,m what's your favourite underground, what colour is the Piccadilly line"?etc. etc.!!...
...Oh, just one other thing before I go...I went to see...
yes, the Kings Speech the other night with my mum (before her & dad jetted off to Tenerife for "a few days"!)...it was simply lovely and beautiful...I thoroughly recommend it!...I am happy to join you if you need a friend to go with!!!...right, over and out! I need the loo...maybe this tea does work, after all!!!!... :)
Have to run!...


No comments: