Friday 28 January 2011

I love giving to charity...

but there does come a point when you have to take stock of how much you can give and the quality of what you give...my recent bank statements showed me that every month, I have direct debits pulling out no less than 70 pounds to varying charities, and whilst I am aware that these charities are doing an amazing job with research, care etc. they are great big melting pots and no one ever really knows where the money is actually being spent. So from now on, apart from collection pots, clothes bags, etc..I will be giving what I can to the boys special school, for which I am so very passionate about helping and supporting (just look at what they do for me!) and also, I will give time instead and this, today has come in the form of Homestart ...I met my new Homestart family today...obviously, I can't divulge too much information about them, but they are wonderful, very young parents with 2 small, gorgeous children, a mum with low self esteem and confidence (takes one to know one!) but doing an incredible job at being a mother, partner etc. I am feeling incredibly optimistic about this family and hope that I am supporting them for a time to come...
...I also finished this...
 
...as you can see, I'm not terribly bright when it comes to measurement...my bad!...
So, I have about 20 minutes before the herberts start to pile in, and I'm gonna have a stab at making a greeting card with pin-pricks!...I can't say anymore, one of you readers could possibly be the recipient!...
Quiet weekend ahead, although, I am having a change of hair...colour/cut...maybe do something a little radical..loving the length, not sure about persevering with the long fringe though...whaddya think?...


No comments: