Sunday 13 February 2011

...after worrying myself silly...

...and wishing the sun would make an appearance in case the little ones would prefer to be outside...
...I am pleased to report that my little Sammy had a super 7th birthday!...

...all he had asked for was toy signals for his train set, bless him, like his brother, they can get far too overwhelmed with presents and we have to make present opening quite a gradual thing...

...Sammy's main present was a wii...this is the 2nd one we have had, Adam wanted one when they first came out and then lost interest and Jack and Sammy were a little young to know really how to use it, but now they are Mario Kart mad!...and it is the one time when they can actually join in play together, without Sam upsetting Jack and Jack hitting his head :-(  ...I must confess, the presents really for the whole family, particularly for me...I just love to dance, barely get time to run anymore, apart from when I take the dog out, and thought, with Just dance and the Michael Jackson Experience available on Wii..well, I just love to dance, so that is my new form of exercise!...I did a few after the boys went to bed last night, I'm aching a touch today!!...
..Anyway, back to Sammy's birthday...he was delighted to see his friends come into his home, but as it was out of context, he struggled at points during the day...and would often seek out Mummy-bird for a little reassurance...
...as you can see, we were blessed with the weather and all of the children were much happier in the garden, part and parcel of most of their characteristics...outside, they are far more free and less restricted...one of the little boys was just infatuated by the leaves left on the floor from the autumn, and they went towards his mouth on many an occasion...reminds me of another little boy (Jack!) who had a diet of mud, leaves and toilet water for the first few years of his life...but what an immune system he has!!! ;-) ...
...It's been so long since I did a little party and I was so worried about what games tom play, what food I should prepare...quite often children with additional or special needs have special diets too...so I was mindful of that but I did have to make my cupcakes!!!...

...they are red velvet cupcakes...hence the colour!...my favourite, with a cream cheese frosting!..

...things did get a little raucous throughout the afternoon, Sammy is infatuated with little Charlotte, and he cannot contain himself when he is near her...her mum and I did have to part them a few times!...
...his gritted teeth say it all...he constantly wants to grab her and hold her...little Charlotte doesn't have any speech, so can't tell him to get off...just give very loud shrieks!!...bless her...
...I decided against party games, children with ASC don't really understand the point and things like games have to really serve a purpose, so, we just had a couple of rounds of pass the parcel, where each of the children had a book...Jack was delighted with his...one of my favs..."Where The Wild Things Are" (think most of them were in my house!!)... so, all in all, it was a truly lovely day and I am thrilled that Sammy had the chance to share it with some other very special children...
...as for me, once everyone had left, I breathed a big sigh of relief, mixed with a little tiredness...

...made tea, couldn't resist a quick go at "Thriller", settled down with a nice glass of wine and watched the Tudors...love it!...
...Oh, a couple of thank yous...
...I received a lovely swapsie through the post yesterday, courtesy of plainprimitives over on Folksy...

...isn't he cute...to go along with my collection of Raggedy's!...I also got this...

...I'm thinking that I will adorn my work outfit with this tomorrow, given that it's Valentines...
...and I received a lovely card from a very special friend whom I've missed not seeing for a while...maybe we could get together for a good ol' cuppa very soon!!!...
...Hope you're all having a super weekend! x x x...


No comments: