Wednesday 16 February 2011

...I'm exhausted...*yawns* ...

...my last day of "work experience" my students today...we have been stripping printers and I am filthy, dirty and can't wait to take a shower...it's been a really productive day for the boys who have really interacted with each other, worked as small teams and really taken on board the importance of this experience...they are all feeling a little more independent and have walked around the place like they rule the roost (which is great!)...one of the tutors came to visit today and wanted a picture of all of us...I tried to escape the camera, I'm not sure the Hi-viz is really me, oh and I sported goggles today too as we were using hammers to bash apart some of the printers...fortunately, I dodged the picture with those on!...
...I made my way back to work and hurried through my paper work as we were allowed to leave a little earlier, only, I had promised my colleague Andrew a lift home, and he was in an IT lesson til 5pm! humpf! but he was very entertaining on the way home, telling me stories of some of the funny situations he and some of the students he cares for outside of college get into! oh, and my lovely boss had saved me some chocolate cake as the rest of my colleagues had a student-free day!...I'll share it with the boys...I am trying very hard to be good and have even done an hour on the Wii (it's not a novelty you know!!!) and half hour on the rowing machine!!...
...So, with half term next week, the next couple of days will be spent making as much stock as I can and catching up with jobs around the house...all sounds a bit boring though...I am open to offers, should anyone want to treat me to lunch!!! ;-) ....


No comments: