Wednesday 9 February 2011

...a much better day!...

...2 sales over on Etsy...a little quiet on Folksy though!...
I have a day off tomorrow and I am going to spend the morning, posting, clearing out my garage :( and getting some new stuff in my shops!...oh, and then, I'm back at the hospital with Adam...
Anyway, let me tell you about my day...I have had to support 2 ASC students outside of college today. They, along with many of our students are on their work placements... My boys went off to i-Trust...a charity that employs a handful of payed staff and opens it's doors up to volunteers with mental health difficulties and other disabilities and helps them on the road to employment or just acts as giving them a sense of purpose. The work that they do consists of dumped computers being torn apart and recycled...despite really not looking forward to it this morning, I actually had a really good day!...we were picked up by taxi outside of the college and taken to a nearby village and the guys were so patient and helpful and my 'boys' were in their element taking computers apart!...my job, (yep, the guys got me working too!) was to snip out wires...I have an aching wrist right now!!! But the best part of the day was being asked to have a chat with the big boss man up in his office (thank goodness, it was sooo cold in the factory!), he is a big Scottish man, just left the army and is totally passionate about the charity and helping people with additional needs...oh, I had a lump in my throat whilst talking to him about my own boys, my students and he was just such an knowledgeable and understanding man...and I found it quite a compliment that he and some of the lads in the factory thought that I was a student too!!... back there next week, complete with 'toe-tectors!' and hi-viz...it's an attractive look as you can imagine...but, I'm really looking forward to it...even if I do have to be one of the lads!...Hope you've all had a great day...and thank you so much for your lovely comments on here and over on Folksy...lovely people! x x x...

No comments: