Monday 21 March 2011

What a lovely, very productive few days I have had...

  ...as mentioned in my last post, I went off to the Tower of London...I had the best time there, feeling quite overwhelmed with just how steeped in history it is...I took a bunch of photos as you can imagine, far too many to list on here and will be updating my Flickr in a bit...but here are a few...

...can't even have a pee in private!...





...Traitors gate, where people of nobility came to the Tower, unaware of their fate...
...So, after doing the touristy bit, we ventured over to Covent garden and I wandered around the beautiful stalls in the Apple Market, stopping to purchase a little 1920's Marcasite necklace to add to my collection, then off to my little piece of heaven...
...where I spent a small fortune on some really gorgeous beads!...
...I had a magic day!...
...Friday saw the blitzing of the garage and shed to make more room for me to work, it's not a perfect work place but will do until I get something sorted (& I even found a FREE heater on the side of the road that no one wanted!!..result!)...
...still got a way to go!...cannot wait to get stuck in though and make some pretty things!...
...speaking of pretty things, these are my lovely Hyacinths, just starting to bloom and they smell lush!...

...and going along the flower theme, I did heaps of gardening too...we had our first BBQ yesterday and it was the boot up the backside I needed to spring into action and get some new plants to replace the ones that didn't make it through the winter..a lovely new Magnolia, Azalea and another that I can't remember the name of!, but has Cerise pink flowers!...I also got some great big pebbles for some of the border and these little sweeties for my table!...

...cute aren't they!...
...another little cutie was this.. that came through the post the other day...

...my new stamp!...
...back to work today, was debating whether to start cycling again or not, but it was a grey morning and I am just a fair-weather cyclist after all, and besides I need to have a little practice and see what sort of time I can make the journey in...I'm a bit out of touch!..
...the weekend was far from grey though, we all just loved being out in the sunshine!...




...hope you all enjoyed the little bit of Vitamin D too!...
...right, better go and get making!...will post again as soon as...

No comments: