Wednesday 10 December 2008

'That London'...





































...was where Belle, Ethan & I descended to today. We were attempting to leave early, however, failed! We left here at about 11 & first on our little list of things to do was Horse Guards Parade. We had a lovely wander down the Embankment (looking like proper tourists!) & eventually made our way to see the Changing of the Guard. As soppy as it may sound, I find it all very special &, actually, it makes me feel very proud to be British & witness things like this. After we had taken pics of us standing by the soldiers in all their immaculate finery astride the most gorgeous, (extremely well behaved!) horses, we made our way through St. James' park, which brought many a Marathon memory back!; I couldn't get over the wildlife there, it was such a beautiful place to be, Queens front garden I suppose!
So, we moved onto Covent Garden, one of my favourite places in the world & went to Maxwells for dinner, another favourite place of mine! and Belle, being Belle, rather embarrassed me after our waiter (Scottish) had made a comment about much liking my kilt! Hmm!!
Anyway, we wandered bright eyed around the Apple Market for a while, stopping occasionally to watch street entertainers (I kept thinking how good it would be to have a stall there!!!) - we managed to get a couple of Chirstmas presents (for about the 3rd year in a row, I have once again bought Jack a special tape-measure from Octopus!!-and have just found out there is an Octopus shop in Cambridge-Fantastic!! btw, I do buy him more than that I hasten to add!). We browsed a few more little vintage boutiques & there it was, winking at me from a distance, The Bead Shop...my idea of heaven. Belle & Ethan waited outside as Ethan was a little restless, which perhaps was a good thing as I really didn't want to spend too much money in there!!! By this time, it was pretty dark outside so we decided to journey home, we were not surprised to experience lack of help offered when travelling on an underground with a buggy!! so tubed it to Redbridge & I drove us back home in just short of an hour - we have had such a lovely day...so now, I'm about to start working on my new sparkly bits ready for Sandra's house party on Friday night, and then I suppose I should find some tissues ready for tomorrow...it's the wee ones' Christmas Nativity....cry? me?...just a little xxx



No comments: