Friday 5 December 2008

Yeeehah!!!....

....on two separate things...
Firstly, how happy am I to have my lap top back???!!! - er, VERY!!!!!!
and the other , it was my open house yesterday & I am once again overwhelmed at how much support I received!
I had complete strangers travel miles to attend, people that had seen my bead work at other fairs and were, well, quite desperate to grab some more! I had lots of special people in my house pretty much all day, a steady flow of lovelies! 2 close friends were the first to arrive at 12 & saw what a state I was in, still very much behind, making sure the mulled wine was just so, orange ready for 'drivers', mince pies nicely laid out on plates, bless them, they threw their coats & bags on the sofa, rolled up their sleeves & made us coffee & got stuck in helping lay out the sparkly bits! - I had little gifts bought for me, such as wine, choccies & the most gorgeous little Poinsettia - lovely - a really magic social gathering! & the sales were fantastic - I was not pinning hopes on raising as much as last year, I would have been more than happy with a couple of hundred pounds - but £650 - that's just amazing, so, as you can imagine, I am very, very pleased, albeit with a slight 'oh my goodness, I still have another 3 fairs, what am I going to do?' edge to it!! - I'll be fine, I'll rise up to it, I always do...
...today has been pretty manic too, I was actually hoping to get another couple of hours sleep after the kids had gone to school, I have only had 9 hours worth in the last 48 hours!!! - but no, I saw the boys off, jumped into the shower, sorted some washing, drove out for a Homestart family visit, went onto Tesco's, paid a few cheques into the building society, went onto Next in a panic as out for a girly night tomorrow & needed a dress-sorted- back home to blitz from yesterdays' events, kids come in, cuddles, lunchboxes washed, DAILY MAIL PHOTOGRAPHER ARRIVES FOR SHOOT!!!, tea, little ones to bed, Hancock on DVD, now on here with a cuppa, about to order some more sparkly bits-thinking, probably a London trip in the next couple of days! Oh, & I have been smiling all day, wondering why you don't hear from people for ages, then all of a sudden they all creep out of the woodwork...
Well, best get onto Ebay & then try & get some shut-eye ready for Craft fair in the morning...

No comments: