Sunday 26 July 2009

It's been soooooooooo long!!!!....









.....since I posted my last post!! It has been such a hectic few weeks!! Not really where to begin... I've had a bunch of fairs selling my bits & bobs & although there is supposed to be this credit crunch, I did extremely well! We've had countless BBQ's (some rather drunken!!), I've got absolutely paraletic in the village with a friend of mine who has a son recently diagnosed with Autism....we meant to go out for a quiet glass of wine doen one of our locals but, we knew so many mutual people, had a blast & far tooo much to drink, but we agreed, it had been a long time coming!! I've been to see the Sugababes at Thetford Forest, I've been to the Here & Now 80's tour at Blickling Hall, which was fabulous as ever!!! (I just love Peter Cox!! & I think I saw him mouth to me "I love you" as he was singing!! ;-) ) it was Mark's birthday earlier this month so we went out for dinner & went onto watch Bruno...hmm...cringeworthy to say the least!! I've celebrated another wedding anniversary,had hospital appointments, caught up with some lovely friends, the list goes on, but probably the biggest news I have (aside from the imminent, annual Disney trip, & of course MY birthday!!!), is that I have a new....wait for it...PAID...job!!! I am just so excited - I start on the 1st of September & my post is Personal Support Assistant at Cambridge Regional College on the Science Park campus....my role will be to support & befriend students studying at the college with additional needs; I will be assigned to at least 1 student & it will be my responsibility to ensure that they cope with the transition from secondary school or residential onto further education, that they are able to achieve their full potential whatever that may be, to champion the right for inclusion & help them cope with the big wide world. I went for an interview a couple of weeks back, I was so nervous, psyched myself up for the interview, first one in about 10 years!! When I got their, it was then that I realised that I had not been forwarded an attachment with my email inviting me to the interview...a guy came up & spoke to me about the job (he was also applying as well as around 30 others!) & he asked if I had bought my lunch!....What?! I didn't know what he was talking about & as the morning progressed, I realized that it was an all day affair!! I had 2 interviews, had to do case studies & note-taking, a tour of the college, lunch, a chunk of waiting around...but worse was to come; in my 2nd interview, I got talking about my boys & how inclusion is so important to me & that's where I lost the plot & broke down into tears...I made a sharp exit after the interview had finished & found a loo where I could roar for a bit longer!!...made my way home, drew a line under the day & thought well, I've had 6 months worth of interviews in just 1 day...it's all experience...& then 2 days later, I got a call...reluctant to answer it as it showed up as a blocked caller...(& I've just had enough of those kind of calls this year!), I eventually answered & after a long winded introduction, this lovely woman at the end of the phone told me that I had been successful & that I had given 2 beautiful interviews and that my answers and responses had been directly from the heart and it had been a unanimous decision for me to become part of the team....I am just so delighted...and a tad proud of myself to!...
...So, right now, I am in hibernation...a few of my friends have contracted Swine Flu...I just can't take the risk with our little family break coming up...in fact I was supposed to be in London for a girls weekend this weekend just passing....but thought better of it...and instead bought a new machine for my craft work....details to follow some other time & I've just ordered a rather posh, expensive digital SLR camera...anyway, it's getting late, I'm a little weary....but all in all, one happy, happy person right now....will update in another few months!! xxx

No comments: