Sunday 20 September 2009

Can't keep track...

...of all that I am doing/ have done etc etc over the past few weeks (oops!- months!). I really should try & keep tabs on my blog & update as much as I can, after all, that was kind of the point of starting it in the first place...I could never keep a diary....
Anyway, back to what's been happening in Planet Claire...
I can only really recall as much as this week...it's been somewhat eventful!!
I am really excited that we have approached Autumn...I simply love Autumn clothes, but it's been way too warm for big jumpers, jeans & boots...so, Ive compromised, boots, jeans, shirt dresses & cardies!!
Also, I'm finding it really hard to know what to wear for my new job - jeans are a no-no & I'm not good at wearing boring, black trousers, so I was delighted when, on a recent visit to Zara, I found a cute pair of trousers, with braces!! They were perfect on Wednesday, when I was supporting a student studying art & design...I looked very arty-farty!....


speaking of supporting students...this was my first week; On Monday I supported a 19year old, rather severely Autistic boy, I absolutely loved him & can't wait to work with him again this week...he is in a class of students with quite profound needs (I did find myself fighting back any emotional moments on more than one occasion!) On Tuesday, I, along with a couple of colleagues, supported a number of students on a team building exercise: Pizza hut & bowling...my job is tough!! really! we had to take 48 male students aged between 16 & 20 on a citi 1 bus (not nice!), it was a nightmare! My student has Aspergers...really did not want to go...hated me with a passion & I was struggling to come to terms with that, until, he offered me a bit of pizza...bless him & his team spirit was just super! I was really pleased, things were going great until I was touched inappropriately by another student (it sounds a lot worse than it is but nonetheless, it's all been taken out of my hands...can't say much more than that)...Tuesday was not a good day...but full of experience!! Wednesday was a fab day, another Aspergergic student, the most phenomenal artist...he was sooo cool! actually required very little support, we had fun making handmade sketch books & the guys got a little carried away with all the materials!!...quite a number of bits of media went for a burton!!..god know what the web pictures are going to look like if mine is anything to go by!!...
...I also started by British Sign Language Level 1...I already know the alphabet, so I guess I'm at a slight advantage, but, I wasn't prepared for having to keep my mouth shut for 2 hours!!...that's sooo hard for me!! Wednesday also saw me take over as Vice-Chair of the governing body of Highfield Special School...still can't really believe that I was elected over so many far more knowledgeable people!! & as the chair was away on business, it was up to me to chair the meeting! I felt physically sick!!! Thursday was a quiet day, catching up with jobs around the house & trying to up my stock ready for upcoming craft fairs, I so far have 9 booked in! Friday, I went to visit a new Homestart family...that's a whole other story...the weekend has been relatively quiet, although it's been lovely to catch up with some old friends & I'm hoping that the gap between chats & catch ups won't be so long in the future ☺ xxx


No comments: