Tuesday 13 April 2010

Oh, I do like to be beside the seaside...

...& Sandringham, Holkham, Burnham Market, Brancaster, Wells...I've had a lovely couple of days with my boys..today, we have been to the before mentioned & have had a really gorgeous day, yesterday, I took Jack & Sammy on the Stansted Express train - we went plane watching! It was fun (kind of!) & I was really close to jumping on board a plane to somewhere warm & sunny, actually, I would be happy in a little cottage on the coast or a little log cabin, somewhere in the Highlands...a change of scenery is good! Although, the scenery today was amazing, Norfolk is truly beautiful & I have been trawling through the websites of their local estate agents, I noticed there were a few little flint cottages for sale or to let for holidays etc. & I fell in love with just about all of them!...not that I can afford an SO, other mortgage!!...I can dream! So, back to today...the weather was lovely, although, a slight nip in the air...especially at the beach-in fact, I think my lips got a little battered in the wind - we can't have that, I was once told I had beautiful lips!!
Sammy was thrilled that I bought him a kite & we Jack was mesmerised by it!...Sandringham was lovely, full of people with dogs & Barney made lots of friends! I managed to do a little twitching, and was enchanted by the forest & all the little creatures carved out of the trees
An early night I think, I've been waking up so early the last few mornings, petrified that I'm not going to be up for the patio man...it's nearly finished! He's worked so hard - & I'm really looking forward to spending hot summer afternoons there, drinking squash with plenty of ice!....

No comments: